Held in Krakow from June 8-10, 2010, the 2nd MoniQA International Conference was an inter- and cross-disciplinary event which formed a bridge between the daily concerns of citizens, economic considerations and food and nutrition science. In nine technical sessions the conference set out the state of the art concerning food safety standards, mycotoxins & phycotoxins, food allergens, chemical contaminants, microbiological contaminants, food additives, emerging technologies for food safety assessment and food authenticity.
The different angles and approaches of the many presentations that were given during the three conference days highlight the fact that the event brought together a diverse audience of about 180 food quality and safety scientists and trainers, food safety managers from industry, academia and regulatory bodies as well as representatives from food manufacturers, retailers and providers of rapid and high throughput analytical methods and instruments. In all some 35 countries from 5 continents were represented. The event was also of interest to food quality and HACCP practitioners, standardisation and validation organisations as well as representatives of consumer and trade organisations. Also included was a poster presentation and a "MoniQA Best Poster Award". Additionally, the conference featured results from the related projects BioCop (www.biocop.org) and CONffIDENCE (www.conffidence.eu) which increased the cross-fertilisation of ideas and ultimately will help deliver greater benefits to stakeholders around the world.
- Download the presentations
After the success of the 1st MoniQA International Conference the second conference will set out the state of the art on managing emerging and persisting food hazards and the related analytical challenges and socio-economic impact that are connected with this issue. In particular we will provide an in-depth look at the following thematic areas:
- Food Allergens
- Chemical Contaminants
- Microbiological Contaminants
- Food Additives and Processing Toxicants
- Emerging Issues
The conference will also feature results from the related project BioCop (www.biocop.org) and CONffIDENCE (www.conffidence.eu).
MoniQA (Monitoring and Quality Assurance in the Food Supply Chain) is an EU funded Network of Excellence aiming to make food safer by harmonising worldwide food quality and safety monitoring and control strategies.
- MoniQA focuses on validation of and setting performance criteria/requirements for methods used to analyse foods and food products for safety and quality with the main focus being on rapid methods and their applicability and reliability in routine testing.
- MoniQA seeks to establish long‐lasting cooperation amongst leading research institutes, industrial partners and the small‐and medium‐sized businesses in food and retail in order to ensure food quality and safety for consumers.
- Researchers from around the world have been involved right from the start in 2007 and the network is constantly growing.
- In the long‐term the MoniQA consortium hopes that the project will form the basis of a sustainable global network of food safety and quality experts. The project is coordinated by ICC – International Association for Cereal Science and Technology.